Sunday 25 March 2012

Men! We urgently need pampered chef - fing

Well no, I don't cook really. It's my husband, he does it all. He's always done it, so...'
That's just one quote from a woman I spoke to this weekend.
It was always the girls that ate out of a tin. All the lads I knew at uni cooked meals. In fact all the lads I know cook.
And that one from a recently graduated student this weekend. Open to suggestions at this point. It's quite clear men like to cook for whatever reason. And the TV is awash with men cooking. But it's their wives that go to Pampered Chef cooking shows with a list of what to buy - ordered by the male partner/husband etc. With more and more men now signing as Pampered Chef consultants there is a clear gap and something of a curiosity in the buying element of all this. I want to organise events purely and exclusively for men to come along, see and try the Pampered Chef products for themselves. Why don't they go to cooking shows? I don't think that's difficult; many are not comfortable in a small group that will probably be mostly female. And on top of that is the now unspoken phrase 'party plan'. It suggests, perfume parties, tupperware parties of my childhood and all-round all-female zones. That tried and tested - and let's be honest extremely successful formula for women - won't cut it with the majority of men. It needs to be a different kind of event. Somewhere out there is the answer that will break the contradiction. I'll keep looking...unless you have an idea? Hmmmm?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on mikegetscooking.